Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMwareDisks status unknown

kat1234
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Dear all,

I add a VMwareDisks resource for a RDM volume, but I find SOMETIME the VMwareDisks show as status unknown and fail to online the volume. I try to add the RDM disk from vCenter manually. However the disk paths suppose to be [datastore] host1/host1_3.vmdk but it change to [datastore] host1/host1_5.vmdk automatically after apply the setting. The main.cf settiing as follow:

VMwareDisks rdm_vol (
                ESXDetails = { "10.10.11.5" = "root=xxxxx",
                                      "10.10.11.6" = "root=xxxxx",
                                      "10.10.11.7" = "root=xxxxx" }
                DiskPaths = {
                         "RDM:6000C294-6ed4-458c-18a9-53ec700ea825:[datastore] host1/host1_3.vmdk" = "2:2" }
                )

IsVMHAEnabled = true

VMRegisterWait = 120

• vCenter 6.0
  • RedHat 6.5
  • VCS 6.2.1

As the disk path change to another name, VCS fail to monitor the RDM. Would anyone provide some suggestions about it. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sudhir_h
Level 4
Employee

1. Does the Diskpath change on all ESX hosts?

2. If you change the VMWareDiskPath attribute to [datastore] host1/host1_5.vmdk, does the agent report ONLINE?

3. Provide the ls -l output after logging into any ESX box from the [datastore] host1/ directory.

Regards,

Sudhir

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

sudhir_h
Level 4
Employee

1. Does the Diskpath change on all ESX hosts?

2. If you change the VMWareDiskPath attribute to [datastore] host1/host1_5.vmdk, does the agent report ONLINE?

3. Provide the ls -l output after logging into any ESX box from the [datastore] host1/ directory.

Regards,

Sudhir