cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VRTSdbed & VRTSsfmh RPMS failed while installation Veritas storage foundation

prawin84
Level 2

Hi All,

I am trying to install veritas storage foundation vxvm and vcs in linux rhel 6.4 OS. This is a virtual machine running on vmware. While installation veritas storage foundation (vxvm), everything got installed sucessfully but VRTSdbed & VRTSsfmh didnot installed. I have no idea what is the exact issue and resolution of this issue. can any help me on this issu

Symantec Storage Foundation Install did enot complete successfully

VRTSdbed rpm failed to install on vcsnode1
VRTSsfmh rpm failed to install on vcsnode1

rpms/patches failed to install. Do you want to exit installer? [y,n,q] (y)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Have a look in something like  /opt/VRTS/install/log

There should be a log directory for the install and in there there is a log file for each rpm which should tell you why the install failed.

Mike

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Which version of SF/HA are you trying to install?
By the looks of it, probably an older version that is not supported on RHEL 6.x?

Have you checked Compatibility?

See https://sort.symantec.com/documents 
(Select Storage Foundation and High Availability under 'Product', Linux under 'Platform', Compatibility Lists under 'Document categories'.)

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Hi,

What version of SF you are trying to install ? Also, what is the requirement , SF or SFHA or SFRAC ?

Did you refer to errors in installation log ? You should see the installation log path while you run the installer ?

G

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Sorry didn't saw Marianne already posted the questions .. was no intent to duplicate :)

prawin84
Level 2

Hi All,

VRTS version is 6.2 and i was planning to do vxvm and veritas cluster practice. this version is compatible with RHEL 6.3, 6.4 and 6.5. In the installation log also mentioned only this 2 lines.

VRTSdbed rpm failed to install on vcsnode1
VRTSsfmh rpm failed to install on vcsnode1

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Have a look in something like  /opt/VRTS/install/log

There should be a log directory for the install and in there there is a log file for each rpm which should tell you why the install failed.

Mike