cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas Cluster Server IPv6 Support

wdzhang01
Level 2
Hi,

I intent to install Veritas Cluster Server to two machines for failover of a Virtual IP Address between them.  Does anybody knows whether Veritas Cluster Server support IPv6?  Starting from which version did it support IPv6?  Where can I get the documentation of IPv6 configuration Syntax?

wdzhang
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jawahar_Mohan
Level 3
Employee

IPv6 support was added in 5.0MP3 release but there are some restrictions in this release. SFHA, SFCFS and SFRAC 5.1 release supports IPv6. Please refer to VCS 5.1 bundled agent guide for the platform.
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/overview.jsp?pid=15107
  navigate to Product Family Documentation, click 5.1  link, select Veritas Cluster Server Bundled Agents Reference Guide

In you IP ressource configuration, you will have to set PrefixLen attribute which is the prefix for the IPv6 address represented as the CIDR value.

Thanks,
Mohan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee
Hi wdzhang,

Can you tell us what platform you are using?

I support the Window versions of  the Veritas Cluster Server.  The Windows version of Veritas Cluster Server does not yet support IPv6.  it is slated to be added in the next release of the Windows product.

I'm not up on the Linux or Unix version of the product to say if they support IPv6 or not.  Someone else would have to comment on those platform versions.

Thanks,
Wally

Jawahar_Mohan
Level 3
Employee

IPv6 support was added in 5.0MP3 release but there are some restrictions in this release. SFHA, SFCFS and SFRAC 5.1 release supports IPv6. Please refer to VCS 5.1 bundled agent guide for the platform.
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/overview.jsp?pid=15107
  navigate to Product Family Documentation, click 5.1  link, select Veritas Cluster Server Bundled Agents Reference Guide

In you IP ressource configuration, you will have to set PrefixLen attribute which is the prefix for the IPv6 address represented as the CIDR value.

Thanks,
Mohan

wdzhang01
Level 2
I'm planning for a new project for RHEL5 using VCS only without a shared disk.  In the case, we'd like to use VCS to control failover a number of applications between the 2 servers.  So, does the VCS Bundled Agent applies to this case?  Thanks a lot for your help.