cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas Cluster Server Question

GSW000
Not applicable

Hello,

We are running VCS V5.1 SP2 and in a test lab I am trying to share a rescource in one domain to a Global Group in a trusted domain.

Does anyone know if this in principle would work, and how?

Currently when I enter the trusted domain and group I get a question mark on the fileshare resource, presumably because it cannot enumerate the trusted domain account. I am entering the domain and group in the syntax it asked for.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mike_Magarino
Level 3
Employee Accredited

Hello GSW000,

If you were still having problems with this, I can confirm that it is something that is supported in VCS. 

I deployed a lab and setup 2 domains, connected them as trusted domains, using a fileshare resource I was able to add a Global Group from the trusted domain to the fileshare permissions and it functioned correctly. 

I setup 2 domains: samgwin.local and samgwin2.local. samgwin2 had the global group GSW. In the properties of the DNS server, I had to forward each DNS server to one another (this depends on your environment).

In VCS under the attributes of the File Share, the attribute we are interested in "UserPermissions". In there, I added an entry (by clicking the plus sign) and defined the "Key" as samgwin2 and the "Value" as FULL_CONTROL.

This functioned correctly on my lab. I tested this on SFW-HA 5.1 SP2 and Windows 2008 R2 64bit. What version of SFW-HA and Windows are you on?

-Mike

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Mike_Magarino
Level 3
Employee Accredited

Hello GSW000,

If you were still having problems with this, I can confirm that it is something that is supported in VCS. 

I deployed a lab and setup 2 domains, connected them as trusted domains, using a fileshare resource I was able to add a Global Group from the trusted domain to the fileshare permissions and it functioned correctly. 

I setup 2 domains: samgwin.local and samgwin2.local. samgwin2 had the global group GSW. In the properties of the DNS server, I had to forward each DNS server to one another (this depends on your environment).

In VCS under the attributes of the File Share, the attribute we are interested in "UserPermissions". In there, I added an entry (by clicking the plus sign) and defined the "Key" as samgwin2 and the "Value" as FULL_CONTROL.

This functioned correctly on my lab. I tested this on SFW-HA 5.1 SP2 and Windows 2008 R2 64bit. What version of SFW-HA and Windows are you on?

-Mike