cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas Cluster Server for SAP

brucemcgill_n1
Level 4
Hi All,

Has anyone tried the main.cf file from the following in the simulator?

"Using Veritas Storage Foundation Cluster File System to increase availability of SAP NetWeaver" by Oscar Wahlberg

I am not able to get the sap-scs and the sap-rep service groups online. I have imported the SAP and Oracle types.cf files. Can anyone share their experience? I am enclosing the main.cf file.

Regards,
Bruce

7 REPLIES 7

Anoop_Kumar1
Level 5

Hello Bruce,

While using simulator, we need to copy all types.cf files belong to all agents used in configuration i.e types.cf, OracleTypes.cf etc.

Try by copying below files at same path where main.cf is in simulator  after stopping cluster and have a try on cluster in simulator.

include "types.cf"
include "CFSTypes.cf"
include "CVMTypes.cf"
include "OracleTypes.cf"
include "SAPNW04Types.cf"

brucemcgill_n1
Level 4
Hi Anup,

Tried it. As mentioned earlier, all the service groups appear online except sap-scs and sap-rep.

Regards,
Bruce

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Few comments & questions

-- What error you are getting when you try to online them ? anything you observed from engine log ?

-- Are resources getting probed ?

-- I see that both the sap group requires cfs group as online local firm ... so is CFS group coming online fully on the same node ?

-- both sap-rep & sap-scs are configured with Preonline =1 , that means a pre-online trigger is there, is pre-online condition getting satisfied ? can u share here what you have configured in preonline ?

Gaurav

brucemcgill_n1
Level 4

Hi,

I am trying this on a simulator. Soon I will be configuring on a 2-node cluster. I will post the messages on forum.

Regards,

Bruce

RajatBose
Not applicable

Hi,

please send the error log details .

Thanks,

rajat

rregunta
Level 4

Hello Bruce,

This issue appears to me because of the "Preonline" attribute, which is not defined in any other service groups apart from the affected. Do you know why this "Preonline" trigger was defined for these service groups?

You may also remove this attribute and try restarting the service groups.

As the VCS user guide -

Preonline indicates that when the HAD should call a user-defined script before bringing a service group online in response to the hagrp -online command or a fault.
If the trigger does not exist, VCS continues to bring the group online. If the script returns 0 without an exit code, VCS runs the hagrp -online -nopre command, with the -checkpartial option if appropriate.
If you do want to bring the group online,define the trigger to take no action.

Also when a service group configured with Preonline =1 failsover to another system (system 2), the only resources brought online on
system 2 are those that were previously online on system 1 prior to failover.

Regards
Rajesh

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark this note as solution if it helps.

Bill_Havey
Level 3

In VCS_SAPNetWeaver_Agent Installation & Configuration Guide WS 2K3 2K8, there is an excellent description of the purpose of PreOnline=1 trigger script on page 98 ff.

The Symantec written preonline trigger script runs a utility which captures the state of locks before the Enqueue Replication Service group is moved to another server. Enqueue and Enqueue Replication groups can not be online on the same system because that would introduce a SPOF in the confiuration