cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas cluster server API

Rajeev_2
Level 2
Hi,

I am trying to integrate another product (a management product) with Veritas cluster server. I need to build an utility which will query the cluster info., resource info. etc. from the VCS. I was looking for an API that VCS would provide which  can be used to retrieve this information. Is there anything like this.

The information that I need to get from VCS is pretty much what the command line utilities like hares and hagrp provides - but I need to access it programatically. Any ideas on how to do this.

The closest that I came across by searching was the insight inquire api. But could not find an example of how exactly that could be used. If insight inquire api is the answer to my problem, can someone who has used this throw a sample that I could refer to.

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

Eric_Hennessey1
Level 5
Employee Certified
The insight inquire API won't work.  That's for our Application Performance Management products.

An API for VCS does exist, but is currently not published externally.  That may change in the future.

Rajeev_2
Level 2
Eric,

Thank you very much for your response. You saved a lot of time for us, which we would have otherwise spent trying to search for this information.

On another front - do you know whether Veritas Clusters support SNMP traps? I do have the Veritas mib which talks about some traps but its not fully clear though. If traps are supported, is there any doc which describes how to turn on trap processing?

Thanks again,
Rajeev

Parag_Thakur
Level 3
Employee
hi Rajeev

Look at the Notification chapter of the VCS User Guide.

Link to VCS 4.1 User Guide is here:
http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/ClusterServer_UNIX/278023.pdf

If you have a different VCS version, refer to the guide that came with that version. The information will mostly be the same though.

-parag