WARNING IpmServer::accept failed errno 130

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Environment

OS = Solaris 10 (64bit)

SFHA version = 6.0

Local Cluster

Query

I am facing the following warning in the VCS logs. What does it means. I am not able to see any Technote which can describe it.

WARNING IpmServer::accept failed errno 130

3 REPLIES 3

Zahid_Haseeb

Got it

The Notifier Resource got faulted after the message. The following DOcument is helpful

https://sort.symantec.com/ecls/umi/V-16-1-10549

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

As per the ' Recommended Action  ' in the URL that you found, you really need to determine the reason for the failure and take necessary action.

You have been having issues with the Notifier resource for some time now, right?
I have honestly not seen issues with this resource in any of the cluster installations at any of our customers over many years (other than a bug back in some 4.x version on HP-UX a couple of years ago).

Have you been able to find the reason for your issues with Notifier resource?

Zahid_Haseeb

Yes. Correct. If you remember I shared the reason for the same. The cause was the Security Scanner run on Network at a specific time. In that particular time the resource gets faulted.

But this time I was trying to understand the WARNING means which I understood after finding the SYMANTEC link I mentioned above.

--------------------x------------------x-------------------x

As per the below snap I assume that the reason of the Subjected WARNING was notifier resource faulted. If I am correct , then why the WARNING printed aprox before an hour of the resource fault.

Notifier_Resource_Warning.png