Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WARNING V-16-2-13139 ERROR V-16-2-13027

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Environment

SFHA/DR

ERROR

2014/11/25 07:22:07 VCS WARNING V-16-2-13139 Thread(4157086608) Canceling thread (4132436880)
2014/11/25 07:22:18 VCS ERROR V-16-2-13027 Thread(4146596752) Resource(DG) - monitor procedure did not complete within the expected time.

I created another Diskgroup to archive the debug logs(Although its not a production Diskgroup). Now the client have two Diskgroups. I can understand that that above ERROR/WARNING are occuring due to multiple Diskgroup are being accessed via same Ethernet interface card. I need to keep this new Diskgroup for few days. My query is that , will the WARNING/ERROR can harm the Production Diskgroup ?

25 REPLIES 25

kjbss
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Zahid -- I cannot understand your confusion; everything Marianne said is correct. 

VCS supports multiple DGs (Disk Groups) on a single VCS node, whether or not it is in a single node cluster or multinode cluster. 

VCS supports multiple SGs (Service Groups) on a single VCS node, whether or not it is in a single node cluster or multinode cluster. 

The Disk Group agent, like all VCS agents, has a Type associated with it (Type=DiskGroup).  That Type defines many attributes that are inherited by all resources of the that Type (such as the MonitorInterval, and many others).  If you have 10 differenent Disk Groups that you want manged by VCS, then you configure a separate resource for each one.  ALL of these DiskGroup resources will have the same value for the MonitorInterval attribute (and many other attributes too), UNLESS you "-override" them, individually, per resource, as you want to meet your particular requirements. 

This behaviour is not limited to DiskGroup Type resources -- ALL resources of the same Type inherit the Type-static attributes defined for the particular Type. 

Hope that helps -

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Not sure what else what to say...

I clearly said:

Many of our customers have multiple SGs with own dg(s) running on the same node.

There MAY be factors outside of Storage Foundation and VCS that dictates that Service Groups (Applications) should not run on the same server/node.
For example Exchange and MS-SQL.
It will mostly be Applications that dictate if Service Groups can run on same node or not.

So - NOTHING within SF/HA that says you cannot have multiple SGs and DGs on the same node.

Hope this clears up your confusion.

Zahid_Haseeb

Let me make it easy.

I have two Diskgroups. Each Diskgroup has its own ServiceGroup. Both Servicegroups have no dependency. Is it correct. I know its correct.

Query:   Why I am still facing the subjected ERROR/WARNING

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Let us go back to the top and have another look at this post :

Usually when VCS resource monitor routines do not complete within their alloted timeout periods, it means you've got to either add more physical resources to your server (RAM, CPUs, etc), or you need to move some workloads off your server. 

Zahid_Haseeb

Please review the below:

The message "VCS ERROR V-16-2-13027 Resource - monitor procedure did not complete within the expected time" occurs intermittently, while the system has no other indication of performance issues.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH70442

kjbss
Level 5
Partner Accredited

1.  The Technote you reference is specifically referencing cases where the resource is either a NIC Type, or MNIC Type.  This should not be relevant to your case as we are all assuming that the "DG" in you error message:

2014/11/25 07:22:18 VCS ERROR V-16-2-13027 Thread(4146596752) Resource(DG) - monitor procedure did not complete within the expected time.

Is referring to a resource that is of Type "DiskGroup".

2.  If you have "no other indications of performance issues" on your server, than you need to open a support case with Symantec.

Best of luck-