cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WARNING V-365-1-1 This host is not entitled to run Veritas Storage Foundation/Veritas Cluster Server.

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Environment

- OS = Solaris 10 (64bit)

- SFHA = 6.2

- Cluster Nodes = 2 Nodes Cluster/Local HA

- vxkeyless set to NONE = done

- vxlicrep shows License Type = PERMANENT

- Rebooted nodes after applying licenses.

root@pri # vxkeyless -v display
  Product  Description
  SFHAENT  SF Enterprise Edition with Cluster Server

root@sec # vxkeyless -v display
  Product  Description
  SFHAENT  SF Enterprise Edition with Cluster Server

Dmesg

Apr 28 00:13:39 sec syslog[2142]: [ID 702911 daemon.alert] WARNING V-365-1-1 This host is not entitled to run Veritas Storage Foundation/Veritas Cluster Server.
Apr 28 00:13:39 sec As set forth in the End User License Agreement (EULA) you must complete one of the two options set forth below. To comply with this condition of the EULA and stop logging of this message, you have 0 days to either:
Apr 28 00:13:39 sec - make this host managed by a Management Server (see http://go.symantec.com/sfhakeyless for details and free download), or
Apr 28 00:13:39 sec - add a valid license key matching the functionality in use on this host using the command 'vxlicinst' and validate using the command 'vxkeyless set NONE'.

Now I want to follow the Symantec TN (https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH177644.html). But have a question.

MY QUESTION

Does restarting CMD put any impact on VCS as these nodes are LIVE / PRODUCTION ?

8 REPLIES 8

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

No - CmdServer is used for client communication so will only effect connecting clients from GUIs - see

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/sfha-solutions-601-troubleshooting-veritas-command-se...

Mike

Zahid_Haseeb

The Veritas Command Server (CmdServer) service is used to handle the command queries submitted from the client to the server and vice versa. When a Veritas Cluster Server (VCS) cluster is in the secure mode,

We are not in secure mode. So notension for me ;)

Furthermore: I noted that this article is for 5.1 and we are currently running 6.2 and as per article this is a known behaviour and will be fixed in future release. I wonder that still the issue exist

Zahid_Haseeb

Followed the article method-II

root@sec# bash
root@sec# /opt/VRTSvcs/bin/CmdServer -stop
root@sec# /opt/VRTSvcs/bin/CmdServer
root@sec# vxdctl license init
May  4 11:34:29 secvxvm:vxconfigd: [ID 702911 daemon.alert] WARNING V-365-1-1 This host is not entitled to run Veritas Storage Foundation/Veritas Cluster Server.
May  4 11:34:29 secAs set forth in the End User License Agreement (EULA) you must complete one of the two options set forth below. To comply with this condition of the EULA and stop logging of this message, you have 0 days to either:
May  4 11:34:29 sec- make this host managed by a Management Server (see http://go.symantec.com/sfhakeyless for details and free download                                                                                               ), or
root@sec# May  4 11:34:29 sec- add a valid license key matching the functionality in use on this host using the command 'vxlicinst' and validate using the command 'vxkeyless set NONE'.
root@sec#

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

TECH177644 lists 2 possible solutions:

Method 1: Install license keys using vxlicinst

Method 2 (Recommended): Add the host under the VOM (Veritas Operations Manager) Central Server management control

Which of these 2 are you trying to implement?

Zahid_Haseeb

As already said method-II / Method 2

Marianne
Level 6

Apologies - missed that...

Have you verified comms with VOM server?

Can you see storage and cluster details in VOM server for this machine?

Zahid_Haseeb

While using method2 I only follow the below steps

root@sec# /opt/VRTSvcs/bin/CmdServer -stop
root@sec# /opt/VRTSvcs/bin/CmdServer
root@sec# vxdctl license init

I skipped the vom step. Is it necessary to use vom in method2?

Marianne
Level 6

It seems you misunderstood the TN.

In short, your 2 choices are:

1. Add permanent license key
  2. Add the server to VOM

So, you cannot follow Method 2 without VOM.

Method 2 is:

- install and configure a VOM Central Server if not configured yet
 - add the system under the VOM CS management control

The restart of CmdServer is to restart after permanent licenses were installed (method 1). 

Have another look at the following:

If the nagware warning logging still occurs even after applying the first method it means that the Veritas Cluster Server CmdServer process needs to be restarted to get the new license mode.