cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What things checked from the formagtted file "vos_result.xml"

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

1.) My question is what type of things(analysis and report) check from the formatted result file vos_result.xml and who check it ? Symantec ?

2.) From this feature what Symantec wants to archive.

Extract from SFHA 5.1 SP2 Release Notes

Symantec's Veritas Operations Services (VOS) now incorporates Configuration
Checker features into VOS for Windows.

The Configuration Checker, which is
part of the Symantec product installer for SFW or SFW HA 5.1 SP1 now also
produces a VOS formatted result file (vos_results.xml). You can run the
Configuration Checker and upload the results file to the VOS website for
analysis and report creation.

Note:

I know that the VOS is now SORT but i dont want to temper the text so that all people can easily understand the Extract which i have copied above.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Zahid,

If you have MySORT account, you can upload the XML file & get the reported data & recommendations on your own.. try uploading a sample report & see the results..

The reports can be used later to analyze upgrade scenario's .. basically like pre-upgrade checks ..

Regarding what Symantec wants to achieve is ability to increase amount of uptime for customers (which happens in unplanned upgrade plans) , also enabling customer's to health check their own environment thus reducing amount of support calls made for these things ...

If you have a fresh system, the report can run some 10 odd checks to let you know the how your system is prepared for the install of product....

Gaurav

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Zahid,

If you have MySORT account, you can upload the XML file & get the reported data & recommendations on your own.. try uploading a sample report & see the results..

The reports can be used later to analyze upgrade scenario's .. basically like pre-upgrade checks ..

Regarding what Symantec wants to achieve is ability to increase amount of uptime for customers (which happens in unplanned upgrade plans) , also enabling customer's to health check their own environment thus reducing amount of support calls made for these things ...

If you have a fresh system, the report can run some 10 odd checks to let you know the how your system is prepared for the install of product....

Gaurav