Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoning to SF CFS 5.1 for AIX

Bender
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Hello all,

I was configuring a new environment and had a question.

In our environment we have a group of five machines that need to be part of a cluster. Three of them need to be part of a CFS (machines A, B and C). The machine D is part of a HA between D and A and the machine E is part of a HA between E and C.

My question is: All five machines needs to see all disks share of the cluster? In my understanding the machines A, B and C having to see only the shared disks of the CFS, the machines A and D needs to see only the shared disks of the our HA and the machines E and C needs to see the shared disks of the other HA.

This is right? From what I see in forums and the errors that indicate that they are giving all the machines having to see all shared disks.

Thanks in advance.

Felipe Bender
1 REPLY 1

joseph_dangelo
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Felipe,

All 5 Nodes of your cluster will have to be CFS nodes.  This is due to the requirement for the same version (SF, SFHA, CFS etc) of Storage Foundation to be running all nodes of a cluster.  That being said,  if you want import a shared disk group on a subset of the nodes, you won’t be able to use the CFSmount command unless you tell it what nodes specifically you wanted to have the FS mounted on. Otherwise you can manually mount the CFS file system on each node separately.  Once that is done,  you can then create a Service group that will only be associated with the 3 Nodes that you want for the CFS mount.  The standard failover mounts can then be configured in a separate Service group.  The coordinator disks will have be visible to all 5 nodes, as fencing will need to be running on all 5 systems.  

You are correct ,  only the nodes that require the CFS Mounts need access to those particular luns, and so on and so forth.

Hope this helps.

Joe D