Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cluster and application agent question

mokkan
Level 6
Certified

Hello,

I am using the start program to run two commands. Is it possible to do? It is not working. Anything wrong with this command?

startProgram = touch  /tmp/success.lock ;/opt/dr/scripts/script.ksh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

kjbss
Level 5
Partner Accredited

OK:  I just tried that and the answer was immediately obvious from the VCS engine log:

2015/03/28 18:46:46 VCS NOTICE V-16-1-10301 Initiating Online of Resource kjb_app (Owner: unknown, Group: kjb) on System agbc62
2015/03/28 18:46:46 VCS ERROR V-16-10001-2 (agbc62) Application:kjb_app:online:Program (touch) does not exist or is not executable

That is it is saying that it could not find "touch" to execute -- So I figured it needed the entire path, and so I redefined the StartProgram as:

hares -modify kjb_app StartProgram "/usr/bin/touch /tmp/j; /var/tmp/FSC/testApp/kjbStart.sh"

And that worked fine...

So, don't forget to check the VCS engine log when things don't work.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

kjbss
Level 5
Partner Accredited

What error are you getting when you try to online the resource?

Is the  /tmp/success.lock file getting created?

kjbss
Level 5
Partner Accredited

OK:  I just tried that and the answer was immediately obvious from the VCS engine log:

2015/03/28 18:46:46 VCS NOTICE V-16-1-10301 Initiating Online of Resource kjb_app (Owner: unknown, Group: kjb) on System agbc62
2015/03/28 18:46:46 VCS ERROR V-16-10001-2 (agbc62) Application:kjb_app:online:Program (touch) does not exist or is not executable

That is it is saying that it could not find "touch" to execute -- So I figured it needed the entire path, and so I redefined the StartProgram as:

hares -modify kjb_app StartProgram "/usr/bin/touch /tmp/j; /var/tmp/FSC/testApp/kjbStart.sh"

And that worked fine...

So, don't forget to check the VCS engine log when things don't work.