Level 4
Partner Accredited

All,

We just finish to configure our cluster:

• SFHA5.1SP1RP1
  • RHEL5
  • IO Fencing (vxfentsthw validated)

and we see this issue :

a service group with a DiskGroup agent is online on system B and offline on system A. (System A has already owned the service group).

When we reboot system A, we don't see the data disks anymore (OS nor VxVM).

From system B if we type vxfenadm -r /dev/vx/rdmp/xxxx an data disks we ca see a reservation type :

SCSI3_RESERV_WRITEEXCLUSIVEREGISTRANTSONLY

System cannot access to these disks and the service group cannot switch to system A after reboot.

After offlining the service group, the SCSI3 Reservation is released (normal), rescanning the SAN won't help system A to rediscover disks.

Regards,

Herve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Herve_GREGOIRE
Level 4
Partner Accredited

there no issue... HCL only !!!

it was an HP XP128... not supported.

thanks for your posts, and i tried everything before regarding HCL...

Regards.

Herver

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Hello,

I would like to review the cluster & iofencing configuration once ...

please update following from both the nodes:

# cat /etc/vxfendg

# cat /etc/vxfentab

# cat /etc/vxfenmode

# cat /etc/VRTSvcs/conf/config/main.cf

SCSI3_RESERV_WRITEEXCLUSIVEREGISTRANTSONLY  is a normal key which you would see when a diskgroup agent has imported some disks exclusively on any node .. this is called a reservation key... this should be a normal behaviour that key is released when diskgroup is deported via VCS.

When you say that you don't see disks on node A when you reboot it ... I am not clear where you don't see the disks ? do you mean post reboot data disks are not visible to veritas ?

In the above example, if cluster heartbeats are ok, the once node A comes back to join the cluster, it will start the vxfen module & correspondigly register itself with coordinator disks & data disks. At this stage if you not seeing your data disks then there might be a concern from storage or iofencing config...

will review the config & let you know..

G

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
> When we reboot system A, we don't see the data disks anymore (OS nor VxVM). Does this mean that you can not find your disks in dmesg, /proc/scsi/scsi, or /dev/*? If so, I think this is not a SFHA issue. You should review your OS configuration(/etc/modules.conf or so).

Herve_GREGOIRE
Level 4
Partner Accredited

there no issue... HCL only !!!

it was an HP XP128... not supported.

thanks for your posts, and i tried everything before regarding HCL...

Regards.

Herver