cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

distance max on veritas cluster VVR

Dear Support

I want to implement a VCS cluster replication between 2 nodes_storages.

What is the max distance for heartbeat connection?

Can I use FC for heartbeat connection?

Regards.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution!

3km is definately possible -

3km is definately possible - I have seen clusters doing 50km.  So as long as you have 2 reliable links, this should be fine, but there is also the option to increase the gab timeout by specifying in the /etc/gabtab file.

For VVR there is no limit, so it is only the VCS heartbeats you need to be concerned about.

Mike

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution!

Radio would not be

Radio would not be recommended but what is more important is that the latency is less than 500ms.

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH18949.html

4 Replies
Highlighted

My VCS cluster VVR is a local

My VCS cluster VVR is a local cluster: initally designed on 50m heartbeat  distance  and now i want to implement on  3km. IS IT POSSIBLE?

Highlighted
Accepted Solution!

3km is definately possible -

3km is definately possible - I have seen clusters doing 50km.  So as long as you have 2 reliable links, this should be fine, but there is also the option to increase the gab timeout by specifying in the /etc/gabtab file.

For VVR there is no limit, so it is only the VCS heartbeats you need to be concerned about.

Mike

Highlighted

Thanks Mike It is possible

Thanks Mike It is possible so. Can i use Any type of connexion for heartbeat: radio, fcoverip,.. Just a reliable link.
Highlighted
Accepted Solution!

Radio would not be

Radio would not be recommended but what is more important is that the latency is less than 500ms.

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH18949.html