cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does CMC (ClusterConnectorConfig and Process) required for 5.1 SP1RP2

halit_sakca
Level 3

Dear All,

I have an other sparc solaris 10 with 5.0mp3, I installed Veritas 5.1 SP1RP2 on a new solaris 10 sparc.

I wanted to configure 5.1 SP1RP2 same as 5.0mp3.

I copied main.cf and related *.cf files and restart.

CMC resource group (under it ClusterConnectorConfig and Process) failed to start.

I deleted them and I tried to add CMC resource group manully.

I add ClusterConnectorConfig resource manually I configured it and realized that VRTScmccc package is missed (I needed to configure logging).

I tried to start and see;

2000/01/09 04:37:02 VCS INFO V-16-1-50135 User root fired command: hagrp -modify CMC  AutoStartList  impdneilab1  impdneilab2  from ::ffff:10.127.65.147
2000/01/09 04:37:02 VCS INFO V-16-1-50135 User root fired command: hagrp -modify CMC  Parallel  0  from ::ffff:10.127.65.147
2000/01/09 04:39:04 VCS INFO V-16-1-50133 User root has logged in from ::ffff:10.127.65.147
2000/01/09 04:40:31 VCS INFO V-16-1-50135 User root fired command: hares -add CMC_ClusterConfig  ClusterConnectorConfig  CMC  from ::ffff:10.127.65.147
2000/01/09 04:40:31 VCS ERROR V-16-1-10042 Could not locate agent binary file for type ClusterConnectorConfig
2000/01/09 04:40:31 VCS CRITICAL V-16-1-10412 Could not start agent for type ClusterConnectorConfig on system impdneilab1

My questions;

1. Does 5.1 support CMC? (I see in 5.1 Service Pack 1 Rolling Patch 2  release notes that VRTScmccc Obsolete).

2. If 5.1 does not support CMC what resource group does the same job and how can I configure?

Thanks,

Halit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

The extract from the main.cf shows that impdneilab1-oam.ims.imst.be is the VCSMC management server. If VCSMC is not used on this server any more then you can delete the CMC service group.  Even if VCSMC is still used by other people, then I think they would need to connect to cluster via "direct method" so you could still delete CMC service group, but if anyone is still using VCSMC, then you should check they can still see your cluster (via Direct Connect) before deleting CMC group.

Mike

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Are you using VCSMC - Veritas Cluster Server Management console for centrally managing many clusters.  This is apparantly still supported according to Symantec employee Amit on thread https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/vcs-webclient-management-setup, although it is not being actively developed as you are expected to use VOM which manages SF and VCS.

So if you are not using VCSMC, you don't need this resource any more and note it has nothing to do with VCS java GUI.  Also note that the very similar named Veritas Cluster Management Console (this is missing the word "Server") which is for managing a single cluster via a Web console is no longer supported.

If you ARE using VCSMC, I haven't used VCSMC for a while, but from what I can remember there were 2 connection methods - "Direct connect" and "Cluster connector" and I THINK (not absolutely sure) that cluster connector method is not supported for 5.1 and above, so probably you don't need this VCS resource and you need to use "Direct Connect" method - if I am wrong on this then VRTScmccc package would most likely be suppied with VCSMC software.

Mike

halit_sakca
Level 3

thanks Mike,

I am using VCS java GUI (hagui).

so does that mean I do not have to worry about CMC resource group and I can delete it safely? :)

group CMC (

SystemList = { impdneilab1 = 0, impdneilab2 = 1 }
        AutoStartList = { impdneilab1, impdneilab2 }
        OnlineRetryLimit = 3
        OnlineRetryInterval = 120
        )

ClusterConnectorConfig CMC_ClusterConfig (
                MSAddress = "impdneilab1-oam.ims.imst.be"
                MSPort = 14145
                ClusterId = 1210352082
                ClusterType = vcs
                Logging = "/opt/VRTScmccc/conf/cc_logging.properties"
                )

Process CMC_ClusterConnector (
                PathName = "/bin/sh"
                Arguments = "/opt/VRTScmccc/bin/cluster_connector.sh"
                )

CMC_ClusterConnector requires CMC_ClusterConfig

// resource dependency tree
        //
        //      group CMC
        //      {
        //      Process CMC_ClusterConnector
        //          {
        //          ClusterConnectorConfig CMC_ClusterConfig
        //          }
        //      }

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

The extract from the main.cf shows that impdneilab1-oam.ims.imst.be is the VCSMC management server. If VCSMC is not used on this server any more then you can delete the CMC service group.  Even if VCSMC is still used by other people, then I think they would need to connect to cluster via "direct method" so you could still delete CMC service group, but if anyone is still using VCSMC, then you should check they can still see your cluster (via Direct Connect) before deleting CMC group.

Mike

halit_sakca
Level 3

thanks Mike again! indeed I deleted and enabled (installation + conf) VOM as symantec expect us so :)