cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

execve failed for script(/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/MultiNICA/monitor) & errno(2)

eilrati
Level 2
Hello All,

I am using VCS5.0 have 2 node cluster.

The application was running fine until following message started appearing in the engine_A.log.

2009/11/30 21:30:48 VCS INFO V-16-2-13001 (MMFELS1a) Resource(Oracle1_IP): Output of the completed operation (monitor)
Agent could not redirect the stdin of (/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/IPMultiNIC/monitor) to /dev/null, because dup2() did not return the requested file descriptor.
execve failed for script(/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/IPMultiNIC/monitor) & errno(2)

Then always
execve failed for script(/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/MultiNICA/monitor) & errno(2)
execve failed for script(/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/MultiNICA/clean) & errno(2)

The same message is also for

execve failed for script(/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/DiskGroup/monitor)
execve failed for script(/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/DiskGroup/clean)

Therefore looking at above, it seems that the script monitor & clean is missing for agent MultiNICA and DiskGroup.

I am not sure that somebody has deleted this script or not.

The problem is that this Node is not accessible. when we try to telnet the node, the user is thrown out. This can be visible from adm messages.

Dec  1 10:34:22 MMFELS1a SC Alert: [ID 434268 daemon.notice] Audit | minor: admin : Close Session : object = /session/type : value = shell : success
Dec  1 10:34:45 MMFELS1a SC Alert: [ID 721165 daemon.notice] Audit | minor: root : Open Session : object = /session/type : value = shell : success
Dec  1 10:36:53 MMFELS1a SC Alert: [ID 632993 daemon.notice] Audit | minor: root : Set : object = /HOST/send_break_action : value = break : success

Hence what we did we moved all the resources from this node to the other node.

Now we are trying to recover this node. Even we tried to reboot but the node is hanging.

Any suggestion/help would be really appreciated.

I am also attaching the engine_A.log for further reference.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,
Rajesh.

4 REPLIES 4

Dev_Roy
Level 6
Accredited Certified
1.>    Go to maintenance mode.
2.>    Make necessary changes in the run level directory in order to start the system without cluster.
3.>    Start the system and check if it is starting properly without veritass cluster.
4.>    If it is starting properly then compare the scripts with the other running node of the cluster that you doubt someone has deleted or something. If missing replace them from the running node.
5.>    Then try to start the cluster manually. If still fails then let us know where it is stucking.

Regards,
Dev Roy.

eilrati
Level 2
Thanks Dev for ur reply !!

I will do as u have suggested.

But can pls tell me what could be the reason for the below message all of the sudden...

2009/11/30 22:13:04 VCS INFO V-16-2-13001 (MMFELS1a) Resource(Oracle1_IP): Output of the completed operation (monitor)
execve failed for script(/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/IPMultiNIC/monitor) & errno(2)

Thanks & Regards,
Rajesh.

Dev_Roy
Level 6
Accredited Certified
Hello Rajesh,

You can keep this link handy for future use for looking up error messages and what it means.
Please take a look at https://vos.symantec.com/ecls/umi/V-16-2-13001

Regards,
Dev Roy.

Dev_Roy
Level 6
Accredited Certified
It does not seem to be a potential error message and it precedes with INFO.