cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

group local-global

vucni11
Level 4

hi,

i like to change a group from local to global.

i have group test88 that depends on group test5,both local groups.test88 runs on node test89 and group test5 runs on node test2.

i configued then a global cluster with clust and clust2 the names.test88 and test2 are running on clust.i wish to switch test88 on a node from clust2.i need to configure test88 from local to global.

how i do it?

tnx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@vucni11 wrote:

hi,

the question was if i can failover global group from one cluster to other.

i can failover the global group with dependency only if i offline the parent group,then fasilover the child group to other cluster,then online the parent group to other cluster.i can no failover the parent group and child group to other cluster without to offline the parent group.

tnx

The answer would be yes, you can failover global group from one cluster to another. The failover means you do the offline-online cycle and yes, for a global group which has a child group as dependency you will have to start with the parent group, I guess it is obvious and straightforward. However there may or may not be a requirement to offline the child group - depending on type of link between these groups. For an example setup, check global cluster sample configurations with VVR, they provide nice diagrams about how these dependencies work locally and globally.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

vucni11
Level 4

hi,

i can see that if i have dependency (remote firm) betwen 2 groups that i am not able to switch test88 to other cluster.

is this right is general,if i have group dependency than i can not fail over groups to other cluster in geo cluster configuratio?

tnx

Mouse

Not sure if I understand the question correctly but did you create a similar local group in the remote cluster?

The direct answer would be - yes you can failover global groups that have dependencies however the dependency criteria has to be met in the destination cluster, too.

hi,

i can failover the global group with dependency only if i offline the parent group,then fasilover the child group to other cluster,then online the parent group to other cluster.i can no failover the parent group and child group to other cluster without to offline the parent group.

tnx

Mouse

@vucni11 wrote:

hi,

tnx

The answer would be yes, you can failover global group from one cluster to another. The failover means you do the offline-online cycle and yes, for a global group which has a child group as dependency you will have to start with the parent group, I guess it is obvious and straightforward. However there may or may not be a requirement to offline the child group - depending on type of link between these groups. For an example setup, check global cluster sample configurations with VVR, they provide nice diagrams about how these dependencies work locally and globally.