cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hatype parameters

vostrushka
Level 3

Where I can find guidelines of how HA type attributes are related to each other?

I am particulaly interesting in how can I setup timeouts in a right way. I would like to know if I change say, AgentStartTimeout, to 120 sec, which other attributes need to be changed. The problem I have is that JBoss agent I built times out the startup because it takes JBoss 1 min 30 sec to start.

Reards

Leonid

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You need to use the OnlineTimeout for allowing time for JBoss to start, but this is by default 300.

The AgentStartTimeout is how long to wait for the agent to start when VCS starts or you run "haagent -start" - see extract from agent developers guide:

• The value of AgentStartTimeout specifies how long the HAD process waits for
  • the initial agent “handshake” after starting the agent, before attempting to
  • restart it.
If you are still have issues - please provide entries from the engine_A.log

Mike

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You need to use the OnlineTimeout for allowing time for JBoss to start, but this is by default 300.

The AgentStartTimeout is how long to wait for the agent to start when VCS starts or you run "haagent -start" - see extract from agent developers guide:

• The value of AgentStartTimeout specifies how long the HAD process waits for
  • the initial agent “handshake” after starting the agent, before attempting to
  • restart it.
If you are still have issues - please provide entries from the engine_A.log

Mike

vostrushka
Level 3

I found it. Good tip to look at logs more carefully. ;)

In Jboss the PASX-HOST variable value was written of capital letters and in cluster the monitoring pattern was all of small letters. I routinely changed all names on test machine to match FQDNs and with UNIX habits all in small letteres. On production server BAs are working on both Windows and UNIX environments but left these names written of capital letters and here we go UNIX administrator scratching his head why things do not work.

Thank you Mike.

Leonid