cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is mirror view agent supported over windows 2012 ?

Ashraf_Ali_Jabe
Not applicable
Partner Accredited

Hello to all,

recentlly I install VCS 6.0.2 over windows 2012 for a file sharing service betwwen two cluster nodes, global group has been configured using mirrir view agent.

global resource will not come up, becouse of a mirror view faulty . all recource setting is correct. and the agent version is  q3 2013. download for enviromet win 2008 and win 2008 R2.

storage : EMC VNX

i need to know is this agent supported over win 2012. since agent report error in the library file as the following.

V-16-2-13716

(DRBFPSMS01) Resource(Mirror_View): Output of the completed operation (online)

==============================================

Use of uninitialized value in string ne at C:/Program Files/Veritas/VRTSPerl/lib/MirrorViewAgent.pm line 116.

VCS WARNING V-16-1-10603 Unknown option: -sync

V-16-20048-1113

(DRBFPSMS01) MirrorView:Mirror_View:online:devices are in an invalid mix of states; administrative intervention required.

BR

Ashraf Jaber 

3 REPLIES 3

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

It looks as though Windows 2012 is not supported as the AgentPack 3Q2013 from June 2013 only has Windows 2008 and Windows 2008R2.

Mike

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi Ashraf,

Please open a case with Symantec Technical Support.  We have been working on qualifying our hardware replication agents with Windows 2012.  We have made inprovements to several of the hardware replicatoins agents to make them compatible but I don't think the Mirrorview agent was among them yet.

Thank you,

Wally

Ansar_T_A_
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Just to update.

The problem is solved by adding VNX array username/password using MirrorView resouce actions.

Now the mirrorview agent comes online and failover between sites.