cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lltconfig - V-14-2-15245 cluster id 7 is already being used by nid 1

zannep
Not applicable

When trying to add ad new node into a cluster, I'm running into the following error on startup of llt on the new node:

LLT lltconfig ERROR V-14-2-15245 cluster id 7 is already being used by nid 1 and has the address -
00:03:BA:3F:9F:D8

Cluster id 7 is the correct cluster id and nodeid 1 and that mac address are correct for one of the existing nodes in the cluster.

What's causing this?

I tried running lltdump, but I'm not sure what I'm looking at (other than the 2 existing nodes)

Any help would be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

My guess is that you have not updated llthosts on the existing nodes in the cluster.  /etc/llthosts should contain all 3 hosts on existing 2 nodes and new  3rd node, before trying to start llt on the new node.  You should also update gabtab on existing nodes, but this won't cause an error, it is just best practice to set this to "-n 3" on all nodes.

If you have an "exclude 2-31" line in llttab on your existing nodes, then you will need to change this line and reload llt on your existing nodes

Mike

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

rhanley
Level 4

Hi Zannep,

Are you sure you're using the proper command to add a new node to an existing cluster and not trying to create a new cluster and specifying the cluster ID of the existing cluster? Can you provide the command you are running to add the node to the cluster? That may help.

- rjhanley

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

My guess is that you have not updated llthosts on the existing nodes in the cluster.  /etc/llthosts should contain all 3 hosts on existing 2 nodes and new  3rd node, before trying to start llt on the new node.  You should also update gabtab on existing nodes, but this won't cause an error, it is just best practice to set this to "-n 3" on all nodes.

If you have an "exclude 2-31" line in llttab on your existing nodes, then you will need to change this line and reload llt on your existing nodes

Mike