Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

offline/online script question

mokkan
Level 6
Certified

Hi,

I was doing custom mnitor script to play around.  It looks like Applicaiton agent doesn't care about the exit code to bring online or offline. If monitor script returns 110, it will bring it online right?

If I am wrong correct me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Sort of:

If the online of offline exits with non-zero, then you will get an error message, saying the online/offline failed, but VCS will run the monitor, so then you MAY see a message something like:

resource onlined/offlined outside of VCS control as VCS will think the online/offline failed.

So ideally the online/offline should exit with 0, but if monitor script returns 110, then VCS will recognise as online.

Mike

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Sort of:

If the online of offline exits with non-zero, then you will get an error message, saying the online/offline failed, but VCS will run the monitor, so then you MAY see a message something like:

resource onlined/offlined outside of VCS control as VCS will think the online/offline failed.

So ideally the online/offline should exit with 0, but if monitor script returns 110, then VCS will recognise as online.

Mike

mokkan
Level 6
Certified

Thank you very much MIke. As usual no word to thank you,.