cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oracle incident

tanislavm
Level 6

hi,

in a vcs node i have an oracle instance running.if by accident one process of this instance is killed,how i fix this?should i freeze the service group and then stop and start the instance using the scripts?

if i shutdown a service group on an vcs node then this service group will be stared automatically on oter node?

tnx so much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Hi,

When you say one of process of this instance is killed, - if the process was monitored by agent itself then VCS will take the action to fault the resource. if the resource is critical then entire service group will fault & try to switch over.

If the process is not monitored by agent, then yes, you can freeze the service group, fix the process manually (restart process etc). If you want to restart instance itself then you can do that as service group is frozen.

If you shutdown a service group on VCS node using ha command (hagrp -offline) then it will not start on other node. It will start only when you give hagrp -switch option.

G

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Hi,

When you say one of process of this instance is killed, - if the process was monitored by agent itself then VCS will take the action to fault the resource. if the resource is critical then entire service group will fault & try to switch over.

If the process is not monitored by agent, then yes, you can freeze the service group, fix the process manually (restart process etc). If you want to restart instance itself then you can do that as service group is frozen.

If you shutdown a service group on VCS node using ha command (hagrp -offline) then it will not start on other node. It will start only when you give hagrp -switch option.

G