cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

troubleshoot hang application

tanislavm
Level 6

hi,

if an application hangs and it is part of an service group,how i troubleshoot things?

first should i stop the service group hagrp -offline?if this not works then should i try to stop each resource hares -offline?if this not wotks then i kill -9 every process of this application.

should i take out the floating ip?and unmount if trhe above not work?

then i start everything with hagrp -online?

normally the application resides on SAN luns not on local disk from server.right?

in this case if there are some issues with dg,volumes or plexes and i freeze this group,then the application could hang.right?

tnx a lot.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

If your application is hung then freeze VCS and fix your application.  Once you have fixed your application then probe resource in VCS and if it reflects the correct state, then job done.  If after fixing application the resource for the application is stuck in an onlining or offlining state, then copy resource, delete it, and then recreate it.  If the issue is hung diskgroup, then same applies, freeze VCS and fix DG.

Mike

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

If your application is hung then freeze VCS and fix your application.  Once you have fixed your application then probe resource in VCS and if it reflects the correct state, then job done.  If after fixing application the resource for the application is stuck in an onlining or offlining state, then copy resource, delete it, and then recreate it.  If the issue is hung diskgroup, then same applies, freeze VCS and fix DG.

Mike

tanislavm
Level 6

hi,

if a service group is frozen,there still are i/o with disk and network with this service group.right?

tnx a lot.

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Yes