cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vcs upgrade

vucni11
Level 4

hi,

could i upgrade an vcs on several nodes in solaris 10 using live upgrade?means i upgrade vcs in new boot environment on every node,the nodes run as usual and at scheduled time i only boot the nodes using new boot environment.

tnx 

3 REPLIES 3

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

hi,

The procedure from the link you gave me should be done on inactive boot envirenment from every solaris server?Or only on a node?

Please clarify:

"On a node in the cluster, run the installer on the alternate boot disk to upgrade VCS on all the nodes in the cluster.

• Run the installer script specifying the root path as the alternate boot disk:

# ./installer -upgrade -rootpath /altroot.5.10
  • Enter the names of the nodes that you want to upgrade to VCS 5.1.

The installer displays the list of packages to be installed or upgraded on the nodes."

From the above i understand that the rest of the solaris servers do not need to have an inactive boot environment and the upgrade on those servers is done on active boot environment.So the service groups are up and running on those servers.Is it a good aproach?

tnx 

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please locate the installation guide for the version that you want to upgrade to over here:  https://sort.veritas.com/documents

Supported upgrade methods should be clearly documented in this manual.