Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vertias Sf licenses

Rizwan_Ahmed_1
Level 4
Partner

Dear All.

We are looking for a global cluster for our EV with two nodes at primary and one node in GCO toDr and VVr to replicate all the vault partion indexes ,etc except for SQL databases. We currently have the following licenses.

What additional licenses we need, what we have to purchase and what we can upgraded,what will be free. and also let us know where to get the licensing guide for sf as well. If this is not the write place please guide me where to put this query as well

License  qty

VRTS STORAGE FOUNDATION ENTERPRISE HA 5.1 IND FOR OS TIER ENTERPRISE EDITION RENEWAL ESSENTIAL 12 MONTHS REWARDS BAND D

VRTS CLUSTER SERVER 5.1 S64LNX PER CPU TIER 1 RENEWAL ESSENTIAL 12 MONTHS REWARDS BAND D

VRTS CLUSTER SERVER 5.1 S64LNX PER CPU TIER 1 RENEWAL ESSENTIAL 12 MONTHS REWARDS BAND D

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Rizwan,

You need the following licenses

3x VRTS STORAGE FOUNDATION ENTERPRISE HA/DR 5.1 WIN FOR OS TIER ENTERPRISE EDITION STD LIC

3x VRTS STORAGE FOUNDATION OPTION VOLUME REPLICATOR 5.1 WIN FOR OS TIER ENTERPRISE EDITION STD LI

Please note the highlighted text indicates what your Windows Operating System version is  (Standard, Enterprise, or Data Center) so this might vary depending on your setup. The first license cover SFHA + GCO, the second license covers VVR.

You'll have to ask your Symantec Partner to see if you can upgrade your license listed above to the one I mentioned in Line 1

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shahfar
Level 5
Accredited Certified

Hi Rizwan,

If you have partner net access, you can download the guides from here:

SF: https://partnernet.symantec.com/Partnernet/Resource/Download.jsp?fileId=100019643&fileName=vcs_plg_en_jan2010.pdf

EV: https://partnernet.symantec.com/Partnernet/Resource/Download.jsp?fileId=100023620&fileName=ev90-lguide-sep10-nam-en.pdf

As far as I know, you will need a SFW HA/DR single license if you have one active node. The passive nodes will have a cold DR license. This is just my thought, you should contact your local Symantec office.

All three licences are renewal licences (support).

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Rizwan,

You need the following licenses

3x VRTS STORAGE FOUNDATION ENTERPRISE HA/DR 5.1 WIN FOR OS TIER ENTERPRISE EDITION STD LIC

3x VRTS STORAGE FOUNDATION OPTION VOLUME REPLICATOR 5.1 WIN FOR OS TIER ENTERPRISE EDITION STD LI

Please note the highlighted text indicates what your Windows Operating System version is  (Standard, Enterprise, or Data Center) so this might vary depending on your setup. The first license cover SFHA + GCO, the second license covers VVR.

You'll have to ask your Symantec Partner to see if you can upgrade your license listed above to the one I mentioned in Line 1

Rizwan_Ahmed_1
Level 4
Partner

Thank very much for the info.

I will ask my local symantec partner and see what he has to offer me regarding my upgradation.

Regards

Riz