Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

volume manager clone feature

rsathithan
Level 3
Certified

Hi,

We have Veritas-5.0MP3 installed on a 2 node cluster and user requires volume manager clone feature. If I upgrade to 5.1 version will the clone feature comes under it by default or do we need to install the clone license seperately. Please help.

Thanks in advance,

rsathithan

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

If you mean the ability to import a LUN that was cloned by an array, then according to https://sort.symantec.com/support/related_links/feature_support this requires an Enterprise License.

Mike

View solution in original post

rsharma1
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Check the o/p of:

vxdctl license | grep "Array Snapshot Integration Feature"

If 'Array Snapshot Integration Feature' is listed then array-level clones will work with VxVM.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

If you mean the ability to import a LUN that was cloned by an array, then according to https://sort.symantec.com/support/related_links/feature_support this requires an Enterprise License.

Mike

rsharma1
Level 5

Check the o/p of:

vxdctl license | grep "Array Snapshot Integration Feature"

If 'Array Snapshot Integration Feature' is listed then array-level clones will work with VxVM.

starflyfly
Level 6

Hi, you need give detail information  about  clone feature,  snapshot or  disk array level clone?

In 5.1sp1, there is keyless feature. You can enable any keyless license you need.

rsathithan
Level 3
Certified

Thanks..ill chk with user about exact requirement and let you guys know shortly.. Thanks all for your responses..

rsathithan
Level 3
Certified

All,

I installed 5.1 sp1, and still i dont see "Array Snapshot Integration Feature" in vxdctl licese output.. Do I need to install other license to activate it.. current vxdctl license output is

bash-3.00# vxdctl license
All features are available:
 Mirroring
 Root Mirroring
 Concatenation
 Disk-spanning
 Striping
 RAID-5
 RAID-5 Snapshot
 VxSmartSync
 DMP (multipath enabled)
 CDS
 Dynamic LUN Expansion
 Hardware assisted copy
 DMP Native Support
bash-3.00#

bash-3.00# /opt/VRTS/bin/vxlicrep | grep Enterprise
bash-3.00#

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You need an Enterprise license and you need to have 5.1SP1 or higher.

Mike

rsathithan
Level 3
Certified

Sure.. thanks a lot for your quick reply..