cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vxdg import

vucni11
Level 4

hi,

i have 5 nodes vcs cluster with CFS,parallel cluster.

i like to know the steps when the vxdg import -s DG is issued on master node:

-the node device tree is created at OS level

-the node device tree is created at vxvm level

-the disks,subdisks,plexes,volumes are created in RAM.

On the rest of the nodes i need to perform vxgd import -s and happens the same.

What should i do if an certain node i can not see a certain DG,this DG is seen on the master node.

tnx

9 REPLIES 9

Dev_Roy
Level 6
Accredited Certified

If you are unable to see certain DGs on certain CFS cluster nodes, then you should check CFS cluster membership and make sure membership is fine. If cluster membership is fine, then check disks that are associated with DGs are visible from all the nodes from VxVM as well as OS level. In case OS cant see the disks then you will need to work on the OS front make it visible and then rescan disks from VxVM level.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Diskgroups that are cluster resources should not be imported manually.

Online the VCS resource or SG.

hi,

could be the case that the disks that belong to a certain DG are seen by vxvm (vxdisk list) and when i import that DG the disks are not seen?tnx 

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Not impossible but highly unlikely.

Please show us evidence of this behaviour.

hi,

if a DG can not be imported on a certain node and can be imported on the rest ofb the nodes,then could i try to import DG with vxdg -f import or vxdg -C import?

if i have fencing then i could try to delete registration key?

tnx 

If you're unable to see a CFS diskgroup on a cluster node, check its cluster membership and rescan the disks. Do not manually import the disk group, it should only be done via cluster resources. Try adding the node to cluster membership again and modifying the diskgroup service group to start on that node.

Dev_Roy
Level 6
Accredited Certified

You are free to use various torubleshooting approach depending on state of disks/DGs/Cluster etc. If you are facing the issue then provide us the details/evidence here and we can guide you to resolve the issue.

hi,

if i encounter a plex fault or volume not able to start then i fix the issue on master node?tnx 

Dev_Roy
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Yes.