Level 4

hi all,

i have the following software:

• VCS 6.0
  • ldom 2.2
  • solaris 10 08/11

VCS is installed in control ldom

there is no veritas volume manager instead on either primary or guest ldoms

solaris MPXIO is in the control domain. virtual disks with solaris mpxio paths (SAN disks) are presented to guest ldom,

guest ldom's root is its own zpool + zfs

We are able to perform warm migration between control domains which have the same SAN disks and network interface in the same subnets with:

ldm migrate ldom control_ldom

in order to fail over the ldom when one of the control is dead, we had to use vcs, the set up is ldom depends on disks and ldom depends on nic

now i would have thought 

hagrp -switch $SG -to $new_host

migrate the ldom warmly. but no it just stop and start it ie a cold migration.

So if the virtualization guide claims the ldom agent support live migration, how exactly the live migration be done via VCS?

regards,

ida 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

VCS supports cold, warm, and live migration, in that it lets you do migrations using "ldm migrate" and VCS copes with this and doesn't report node is down etc.  I don't believe you can do the Ldom migrations via VCS and even if this were possible it would use the same underlying commands that you would use - i.e "ldm migrate".  

Mike

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

VCS supports cold, warm, and live migration, in that it lets you do migrations using "ldm migrate" and VCS copes with this and doesn't report node is down etc.  I don't believe you can do the Ldom migrations via VCS and even if this were possible it would use the same underlying commands that you would use - i.e "ldm migrate".  

Mike

IdaWong
Level 4

thanks for the clarification. really appreciate your quick response