cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV DA upgrade

CadenL
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

When I upgrade DA from 10.x to 11.x am I ok in upgrading the EV components before I upgrade the main EV servers?

All my EV (including DA is currently running EV10.0.4 and I want to upgrade to EV11.0.1. I know I need to do the DA server first and so will upgrade this to EV11.0.1 and then update the DA databases. I'm not planning to upgrade the main EV servers for a week or so, but does this mean I can't upgrade the EV components on the DA server? or can this be upgraded to EV11.0.1 CHF 5 beforehand?

many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You must keep the EV version on the DA server at the same version as is running on the EV indexing / storage server(s).  This is due to the use by DA of the installed EV version on the DA server to communicate with the EV indexing and storage processes on the EV server(s).

When you do get to the EV server(s) upgrade, please remember to stop the Enterprise Vault Accelerator Manager Service on the DA server until you have the upgrade finished (including the EV binaries on the DA server).  This will prevent any failures in the review, search and export processing while the upgrade is occurring.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JimmyNeutron
Level 6
Partner Accredited

DA can be a version higher not lower. You should be fine

CadenL
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

thanks - but can you confirm this includes the version of EV installed on the DA server as well as the DA application itself.

I'm unclear from your answer if you're perhaps just talking about DA itself (which I know can be a version higher)

thanks in advance

You must keep the EV version on the DA server at the same version as is running on the EV indexing / storage server(s).  This is due to the use by DA of the installed EV version on the DA server to communicate with the EV indexing and storage processes on the EV server(s).

When you do get to the EV server(s) upgrade, please remember to stop the Enterprise Vault Accelerator Manager Service on the DA server until you have the upgrade finished (including the EV binaries on the DA server).  This will prevent any failures in the review, search and export processing while the upgrade is occurring.