cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DI 6 - 16 cores and 32GB RAM??

TTree2007
Level 4

Hi, just curious why the requirements have jumped so dramtically for DI 6 Management server and Indexers from 4 cores and 8GB RAM to 16 cores and 32GB RAM?  And then the classification is extra...

3 REPLIES 3

Rod_p1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The changes are listed in the release notes for what is new. That said the risk assessment, file classification and expansion of features required a review of the minimum requirements which have not changed for a very many releases. Smart Classification usage requires further resources.

Having seen issues with sizing when Administrators added many infrastructure devices to the environment monitored without expanding the resources available, the decision was made to better size the requirements to the application.

When clients reach out to their sales representatives and plan new implementations or expand current environment to the current capabilities of the latest release there is a new sizing guide which can be used to gauge the environment to the intended usage of the application.

I hope that scopes out the reasoning for you.

Rod

Thanks for the reply Rod, makes sense.  I'm doing some testing on the new classification feature but I'll check out whether there's some DI update training on partnernet as that could be useful to understand all the new features in a bit more detail.

Rod_p1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Training is being created for the new features and should be avaialble to partners. I am sure your Partner Rep can assist you there if need be.

Rod