cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DI Reporting Issue

Evan44
Level 3

I attempted to add my questions as a comment on a similar DI Reporting Issue forum, but I'm not sure if my response was received.  Here is my question:

I have ran into a couple issues with reporting in DI:

• Is there a way to display more than the top 5 of users when the “include custom attributes of user” radio button is selected?  To put this into context, see the attached report titled "Raw-AccessSummary.xlsx".  In this scenario, I have selected to show Title and Country, but it only shows the information for the "Top Users".
  • Stemming from the first question, I've noticed that outputs generated by reports with the same queries, but in different categories, yield different results.  To put this into context, see the attached report titled "Raw-InactiveUsers.xlsx".  In this situation, I've selected Title and Country and it displays all of the Inactive Users; however, in the Access Summary report (first attachment) when I selected the same thing, it only displays the top users (as stated above).

Please let me know if there is a quick fix to these issues, and thanks for your help!!

Evan

**all sensitive information was removed from the reports

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rishi_Thaper
Level 4
Employee

Hi Evan,

Unfortunately, you cannot specify more than 5 users in summary table of access summary (as the display is meant to provide overview of the report) and custom attributes is not appliacble to 2nd table today. Would it suffice if custom attribute were added to 2nd report? If yes, can you get a support case opened for tracking it?

For your requirement to get active users on a share (site collection), you can utilize a DQL repoort to get information for active users on a share along with their AD attributes:

Something like following. You can add more columns in selections OR add/edit conditions as per your need.

FROM    activity
GET    user.name,
user.department,
sum(count) AS access_count
IF    timestamp >= duration('6 months')
AND
path.msu.name = '<Share Name>'
GROUPBY user.name, user.department
SORTBY    sum(count) DESC
LIMIT     20

Thanks,

Rishi

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Rishi_Thaper
Level 4
Employee

Hi Evan,

Unfortunately, you cannot specify more than 5 users in summary table of access summary (as the display is meant to provide overview of the report) and custom attributes is not appliacble to 2nd table today. Would it suffice if custom attribute were added to 2nd report? If yes, can you get a support case opened for tracking it?

For your requirement to get active users on a share (site collection), you can utilize a DQL repoort to get information for active users on a share along with their AD attributes:

Something like following. You can add more columns in selections OR add/edit conditions as per your need.

FROM    activity
GET    user.name,
user.department,
sum(count) AS access_count
IF    timestamp >= duration('6 months')
AND
path.msu.name = '<Share Name>'
GROUPBY user.name, user.department
SORTBY    sum(count) DESC
LIMIT     20

Thanks,

Rishi