Highlighted

DQL Report does not output to 1 file 5.0.1

I am using DI 5.0.1 and I am not able to have the DQL report to output to 1 single file.

Is anyone else having this issue?

I have a DQL query and when I am pulling some of the AD Attributes, it will separate the files.

I even have put 'format user AS csv' at the end and it still puts it into multiple files.

From user

get name, principal_name, login, Home_directory, Department

If Home_Directory not in ('nowhere')

format user AS CSV;

Please help!

3 Replies

Re: DQL Report does not output to 1 file 5.0.1

Custom attributes are multi-valued columns. Please consider such columns as CSV if you want to create one output / file. Example below:

From user

get name, principal_name, login, Home_directory, Department

If Home_Directory not in ('nowhere')

format Home_directory AS CSV and Department as CSV;

That was helpful! I have a question on the purpose of 'format user AS csv'  line: when is it useful and what is was supposed to change in this case?

Thank you and sorry for bothering!

Yours faithfully, inquiring book report writer.

Hello Paul,

'format user AS csv' served no purpose in the original query as intent was to query the user table only. "Format as CSV" is applicable for multi-valued columns like custom attributes in this case.

By default a multi-valued column in output results into a seperate table within the output DB but if one need those values as comma seperated value as a column instead, "format as CSV" clause will help acheive the same. More details and related syntax can be found in programmer's reference guide.

Regards,

Rishi