cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DQL Report does not output to 1 file 5.0.1

DLP_Solutions2
Level 3
Partner Accredited

I am using DI 5.0.1 and I am not able to have the DQL report to output to 1 single file.

Is anyone else having this issue?

I have a DQL query and when I am pulling some of the AD Attributes, it will separate the files.

I even have put 'format user AS csv' at the end and it still puts it into multiple files.

From user

get name, principal_name, login, Home_directory, Department

If Home_Directory not in ('nowhere')

format user AS CSV;

Please help!

3 REPLIES 3

Rishi_Thaper
Level 4
Employee

Custom attributes are multi-valued columns. Please consider such columns as CSV if you want to create one output / file. Example below:

From user

get name, principal_name, login, Home_directory, Department

If Home_Directory not in ('nowhere')

format Home_directory AS CSV and Department as CSV;

paulgraham
Not applicable

That was helpful! I have a question on the purpose of 'format user AS csv'  line: when is it useful and what is was supposed to change in this case?

Thank you and sorry for bothering!

Yours faithfully, inquiring book report writer.

Rishi_Thaper
Level 4
Employee

Hello Paul,

'format user AS csv' served no purpose in the original query as intent was to query the user table only. "Format as CSV" is applicable for multi-valued columns like custom attributes in this case.

By default a multi-valued column in output results into a seperate table within the output DB but if one need those values as comma seperated value as a column instead, "format as CSV" clause will help acheive the same. More details and related syntax can be found in programmer's reference guide.

Regards,

Rishi