cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Insight 3.0.1 scanning cifs.homedir share

DL_F1
Level 2

I am trying to setup Data Insight 3.0.1 with an artificial share so I can see activity on users home shares from a NetApp filer. I have created the .pb script as mentioned in the admin guide but I am struggling finding the user id to use with the configdb.exe command:

Find the user ID of a Data Insight user assigned Product Administrator Server Administrator role from the latest configuration database table in the $DATADIT/conf folder.

Is this the user ID of the Server Administrator that I see in the Settings -> Data Insight Users screen? If so how do I get the user ID from Windows?

... also ...

Somewhere in the script I am guessing that the line:

value: "/CIFS.HOMEDIR" should containg the actual path to the home directories?

Thanks folks.

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Parag_Thakur
Level 3
Employee

hi David,

Apologize for the late reply.

Instead of the cli, you can simply add the share using using the "Add Share" dialog available on the "Monitored Shares" sub-tab of the filer you are trying to monitor. In that dialog, specify "CIFS.HOMEDIR" as the name of the Share and "/CIFS.HOMEDIR" as the physical path. Use the value for physical_path as is, and it does not have to point to an actual physical location. Also set the scanning schedule for this Share to NEVER. I have attached a screenshot for reference. 

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Parag Thakur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Parag_Thakur
Level 3
Employee

hi David,

Apologize for the late reply.

Instead of the cli, you can simply add the share using using the "Add Share" dialog available on the "Monitored Shares" sub-tab of the filer you are trying to monitor. In that dialog, specify "CIFS.HOMEDIR" as the name of the Share and "/CIFS.HOMEDIR" as the physical path. Use the value for physical_path as is, and it does not have to point to an actual physical location. Also set the scanning schedule for this Share to NEVER. I have attached a screenshot for reference. 

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Parag Thakur

AmandaWiggi
Level 0

What a fortune this question is already solved! I had the same issue and I've been wrestling with it for some time! Thanks, support team for providing a screen shot for better understanding!

Regards,
assistant on thesis help.

shanegill
Level 0

Thanks for sharing the information. You can record anything from iphone screen wirelessly and also share it with other easily by using Top AceThinker iPhone screen recorder.

AceThinker-iPhone-Screen-Recorder-banner