cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Insight - max results issue

kdrone
Level 3

When running reports in Data Insight, we need to expand the number of results in the reports.

In another site, Data Insight is configured to have about 99999999999 counts before truncation, because a Conf file was able to be edited.   No one recorded what that file was or where, so we can't duplicate this on the new site.

This is the portion of the reports we want to increase past the standard limit.  

"Truncate output if record count exceeds:"

Does anyone know the config file I'm referring to, or where it is located?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

kdrone
Level 3

I just found the answer this morning!   It was listed in the following article

https://sort.symantec.com/public/documents/SDI/4.5/windows/productguides/html/sdi_user/ch09s12.htm

By editing the configuration file I was able to extend the number of maximum records to report, this seems to have met my needs.  Thank you for the information though!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Rod_p1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Kdrone -

Are you sure you changed configuration for every report or perhaps did you configure a type of report that contains a scope of number of records to not truncate for a number greater than the expected number you would have?

You did not mention the report but seemed pretty comfortable with reporting so perhaps just an example will suffice.

trun_rpt_0.jpg

Let me know if that is not what you had in mind.

Rod

kdrone
Level 3

I just found the answer this morning!   It was listed in the following article

https://sort.symantec.com/public/documents/SDI/4.5/windows/productguides/html/sdi_user/ch09s12.htm

By editing the configuration file I was able to extend the number of maximum records to report, this seems to have met my needs.  Thank you for the information though!

Rod_p1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Thank you for posting Krone. That setting affects all report types with the truncate option.

Caveat is to expect a larger report for each type and to ensure the temporary space is allocated on the indexer(s) and Management Server for report preparation and completion.

I had forgotten we have the  howtos as publicly accessible.

The sections Using Data Insight reports, Command Line Reference, Using the Self-Service Portal and Operation icons on the Management Console are especially useful in the latest version 4.5.

Rod