cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Data Insight Support PGP Encrypted Folders?

Phil_Rosier
Level 4

I have a Data Insight customer who is in the process of deploying PGP to provide secure encrypted folders for their file-shares. Is this supported, and does it require any changes to the collectors to enables Data Insight to scan these folders?

Kind Regards

Phil.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rishi_Thaper
Level 4
Employee

Hi Phil,

Can you provide more details on the encryption mechanism used by the customer?

As I understand, If a pgp zip file is created, then Data Insight would see that folder as a file and would not unzip underlying files. If folder has encrypted files, those files will be scanned by Data Insight.

Regards,

Rishi

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Rishi_Thaper
Level 4
Employee

Hi Phil,

Data Insight should be agnostic to encryption as it does not look at the content while scanning. No changes should be required to scan such folders.

Regards,

Rishi

Phil_Rosier
Level 4

Hi Rishi,

That makes sense for encrypted files, but in the case of encrypted folders wouldn't Data Insight need to have the keys to open (traverse) the folders in order to discover and scan the files contained within them.

Kind regards

Phil

Rishi_Thaper
Level 4
Employee

Hi Phil,

Can you provide more details on the encryption mechanism used by the customer?

As I understand, If a pgp zip file is created, then Data Insight would see that folder as a file and would not unzip underlying files. If folder has encrypted files, those files will be scanned by Data Insight.

Regards,

Rishi