cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exit code:1; Incorrect function

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

We have installed DI internally as a test using Partner NFR license key.

Initial configuration done successfully and scanuser credential test is successful.

We have added 7 shares. 
Full scans on all shares are successful.
All Incremental scans were successful the first 2 days, then started failing on 2 shares.
Full scans on these shares are still successful. DI-Scan.JPG

I have searched for the meaning of the error (Exit code:1; Incorrect function), but cannot find anything.

Can someone please point me in the right direction? 
Where do we start to troubleshoot?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rod_p1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Marianne you have hit a known issue.

Workaround:

Performed the following :

1> In DataInsight Console > Select Indexer Node > Go to Advanced Settings > Indexer Settings > Uncheck the box
that says : "Reconfirm deleted paths when reconciling full scan information" Save it and close it.

2> Then move to all DI servers and look for staging folders. This should be ideally under \DataInsight\data\collector\changelog\staging There could be other staging folders. Just do a quick search on it. From staging folder, delete all the existing reconfirm pathdb files.

Resolution:

Download and install the patch.

Explanation is under this technical article.

Rod

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rod_p1
Level 6

Marianne you have hit a known issue.

Workaround:

Performed the following :

1> In DataInsight Console > Select Indexer Node > Go to Advanced Settings > Indexer Settings > Uncheck the box
that says : "Reconfirm deleted paths when reconciling full scan information" Save it and close it.

2> Then move to all DI servers and look for staging folders. This should be ideally under \DataInsight\data\collector\changelog\staging There could be other staging folders. Just do a quick search on it. From staging folder, delete all the existing reconfirm pathdb files.

Resolution:

Download and install the patch.

Explanation is under this technical article.

Rod

Marianne

Thanks @Rod_p1!

I have applied the workaround for now and also downloaded the patch.

I will have a look tomorrow morning to see if the workaround helped, otherwise will install the patch.

Once again - THANKS for your assistance. 

I will update this discussion tomorrow.

Rod_p1
Level 6

You are Welcome @Marianne

Once the patch is applied you can enable the functionality you previously had and everythign will work as designed.

Rod

Marianne

Thanks @Rod_p1

The workaround is working. 

We will install the patch on the DI server and the Fileserver as soon as our IT admin can arrange for installation on the fileserver.

Thanks once again!