cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incremental classification jobs?

TTree2007
Level 4

Hi

I've been running a load of classification jobs from the Workspace.

A customer just asked how we can run an incremental classification job.

I'm guessing it may be a DQL report with a classification remediation task-?  Maybe the 'Files to send for Classification' template-?

Apologies if this is in the documentation somewhere but I've not had a chance to find it yet.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rod_p1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Ttree, to me an incremental classification job would mean that the there is classification done on a path and now I only want to do classification on newer or changed files. Perhaps it could mean classify the path \X\Y\A, now do \X\Y\B.

You are correct to assume it is best to create a report in DQL whose output you would filter to  be 'incremental' and then send that job to classification under the Remediation tab.
Create your report on the paths to gain output or on the access events of a path already classified to get changed files. You can experiment here and view the data then later edit the report to add the remediation.

Rod

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Rod_p1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Ttree, to me an incremental classification job would mean that the there is classification done on a path and now I only want to do classification on newer or changed files. Perhaps it could mean classify the path \X\Y\A, now do \X\Y\B.

You are correct to assume it is best to create a report in DQL whose output you would filter to  be 'incremental' and then send that job to classification under the Remediation tab.
Create your report on the paths to gain output or on the access events of a path already classified to get changed files. You can experiment here and view the data then later edit the report to add the remediation.

Rod