cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Windows 2016 on Collector workerNode with Classification Function enable

AlessioK
Level 2
Partner Accredited Certified

In the documentation , exactly in installation guide , the classification server it seems support only windows 2012R2 but on website sort at link https://sort.veritas.com/productlookup, choosing the classification Server node the microsoft Windows 2016 appear as supported OS .

Please anybody clarify the correct OS version supported ?

Thanks in advace

Kind regards

3 REPLIES 3

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Hi There

Windows 2016 is most certainly a supported platform for version 6.1+. Not sure which installation guide you are looking at but my 6.1 (and 6.1.2) installguides show Windows 2016 is a valid platform for all node functions (with and without classification) - refer table 2-3.

If you are using an earlier version, I cannot say for certainty whether Windows 2016 is supported other than you should be using 6.1.x instead.

Regards
David

AlessioK
Level 2
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi davidmoline ,

thanks for clarification , actually  i use 6.1.3 so the 2016 as you reported is supported .

Best regards

Alessio

Rod_p1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You can check in the Release Notes as of 6.1 or the online interact Release notes.

SuSupport for Windows Server 2016
Data Insight now supports the latest Windows Server 2016 operating system for all Data Insight server components and to install the Windows File Server agent