cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the URL to access Data Insight Self-Service Portal?

Yashwant
Level 2
Employee
3 REPLIES 3

Rod_p1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Yashwant:

i believe your ask here is how do I get my custodian a link to login to the SSP (Self-Service Portal) in DataInsight?

In the Management console in the upper right hand corner is a link to the online help menu where if you type Portal in to the search box you can find the instructions:

Logging in to the Self-Service Portal

Custodians log in to the Self-Service Portal using the link in the email alert that they receive when a remediation workflow is submitted by a Data Insight or Data Loss Prevention administrator.

The link to the portal is valid only as long as paths in the workflow request are pending action by the custodians or until the end date specified in the workflow. Note that custodians cannot use the same link to log in to the portal after a workflow is complete, is canceled for any reason, or if the custodian has taken action on all assigned paths.

To log in to the Self-Service Portal

1. Click the link contained in the email alert.

The portal login page appears. The Username field is pre-populated with the your network username.

2. Enter your network password, and click Login.

3. When you log in to the portal, you may be presented with a welcome message if it is so configured for the workflow.

On the message, click OK to continue with remediation actions on paths submitted for your attention.

Is that the answer you are requesting?

Rod

Yashwant
Level 2
Employee

We're requesting for a specific URL, if any to test the functionality of SSP.

Rod_p1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Let me try to explain. if you go to the portal node running in your environment. It is  a separate install, requires a separate license (noted on using settings or on access by a small pop-up)

portal lic.jpg

and can be determined by the running process:

C:\Users\Administrator>net start |findstr Data
   DataInsightComm
   DataInsightConfig
   DataInsightPortal
   DataInsightWatchdog
   DataInsightWorkflow

Note: all are required.

Now you want to login to the portal so you load up the SSL connection to the localhost by typing into the address bar of a supported browser - https://localhost/

You should expect to see the pop-up to login which quickly disappears replaced by the message -

portalURL.jpg

If you create a template as a basis for creation of a workflow then meet the policy to trigger the workflow you will send an email to the identified custodian who is presented with a URL for the remediation of 'that' workflow.

To properly create a scenario for testing, as you desire, you must follow those procedures and use the application as designed. You could create a bogus workflow to act on a file you design and scan with DLP so that there is a positive hit to your policy from a valid incident but there is not a URL to login to check on a non-existent workflow object.

(SSP) Self-Service Portal – Currently the self-service portal server provides an interface for data custodians to perform a workflow action or remediation. There are 3 kinds of workflow tasks supported today:

1. Ownership confirmation for custodians assigned within Data Insight
  2. Entitlement reviews / Access certifications
  3. DLP Incident remediation

Template and workflow creation takes place in the Management Server console under Settings >> Self-Service Portal and choosing the appropriate desired option.

portal sett.jpg

portalset.jpg

I hope that helps in your building a test scenario for your environment. If you would like interactive assistance please open a Symantec Support case and a knowledgeable technician can help you pursue your testing.

Rod