cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About DLO configuration

William_Lawance
Level 6

Hi,

1) Can I hide task "Open file" in DLO agent ? Since doesn't want user to run backed up file directly from storage.

2) If backup failure, any alert will be shown to client ?

3) Can administrator check which backup job is failure in DLO server ?

4) If network disconnect during backup, will job start automatically after network reconnect ?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

1. Have you checked the settings to make sure this option doesn't exist to "mute" the alert?

2. The Admin Guide should have further details on what alerts you can configure and how to enable them. Please check this out.

3. If you log onto the DLO Admin Server this should be shown.

4. There should be an option to restart the backup...check this under the settings of the client.

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

1) Can I hide task "Open file" in DLO agent ? Since doesn't want user to run backed up file directly from storage.

Which task are you referring to ?

2) If backup failure, any alert will be shown to client ?

As mentioned in previous post, the alert regarding backup failure is shown when the client UI is open. If you want, you can also configure email notification alerts.

3) Can administrator check which backup job is failure in DLO server ?

You can click on the History tab and check. Alternatively, you can also retrieve a report from the Reports tab.

4) If network disconnect during backup, will job start automatically after network reconnect ?

As mentioned in previous post, yes.

William_Lawance
Level 6

1) Please refer to attached file

2) I coudln't see any alert even agent UI is opened.

4) Automatically re-start support manual start backup ?

New question

5) How can I check the backup speed / bandwidth ?

6) Any ports need to open for agent deployment ? Since port should be blocked currently.

Thanks

VJware
Level 6

1) Edit Profile & click on the User Settings tab. Disable the option to allow user to Restore. This will then disable all the Restore tasks such as restore files, open file, search files for restore.

2) When the agent UI is opened, you wouldn't see any pop-up alert but instead the status will mention whether the files are protected or not.

Couple of things you could do. Edit the Profile & click on the User Settings tab. Disable "Suppress errors & warnings". Secondly, click on Tools and Configure Alerts. Choose the Alerts which you want the user to be notified of and add the user as a recipient.

4) You can click on "Run Job" on the client UI for a manual backup.

5) The same way as you would monitor the bandwidth /network usage for any other application.

6) Have a look @ this KB as to what needs to be open in the firewall for a client push install - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH181115

William_Lawance
Level 6

2) "Suppress errors and warnings" keep unclick, is this means disabled ?

4) If job start manually, it must re-start manually after re-connect ? Since job haven't restart automatically.

NEW question

- Can manual start job restart automatically ?

- Job automatically restart support for scheduled job only ?

VJware
Level 6

2) Keep it unchecked.

4) Whether the backup job is set on a schedule or whether it starts manually, if network connection to the NUDF is interrupted, it will retry automatically once the network is connected again.

William_Lawance
Level 6

2) I have tried to unplug network cable while backing up with DLO, there is no alert pop-up / show to user (UI

not opening). Then I have tried to open UI, only show "Working offline" and "The Desktop Agent is in backup

interruption tolerance mode".

NEW question

7) If user want to remove some file in backup, are them need to update backup file list then run backup again ?

VJware
Level 6

"Working offline" is expected. DLO is designed to work in environments where the client is not connected to the network and as such there would not be an alert to the user.

If your main goal is for clients to be notified of errors/warnings, then the best method would be to setup email notifications. The DLO client UI itself does not display all types of errors/warnings.

7) No.