cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up my DLO encryption keys?

theace18
Level 2

Hi Everyone,

I am currently using Backup Exec with the DLO option to backup our workstations.

We have our DLO backups encrypted. So my question is, how do we backup our encryption keys for DLO Backup. I ask this, in case if the Backup Exec server tanks, I want to be able to spin up another Backup Exec server and have the ability to restore my current DLO Backups if need be.

Any help would be greatly appreciate. Thank you for your time.

- Philippe

4 REPLIES 4

ShyamKrishnegow
Level 4
Employee
  1. DLO DB should be protected always. Whenever Backup Exec server crashed, bring another Backup Exec server and use this DLO DB (which was backed up earlier)
  2. You can use Dlocommandu.exe –Emergencyrestore to recover the files.  Ensure that Recovery password set are same on both old backupexec server (which is crashed) and new BackupExec server (i.e replacing old server)

Please let me know if this answer your question...

Regards,

Shyam

theace18
Level 2

Hi Shyam,

Could you provide a little more information? Where is the DLO DB located? Does it have a particular file name? The only files I THINK are the db files are: BE_DLO.db and BE_DLO.log file located in: C:\Program Files\Symanten\Backup Exec\Data\ . Are these the right files???

In order to backup DLO Backup's encryption keys, all I do is just backup the DLO DB? Let me know. Thanks.

- Philippe

ShyamKrishnegow
Level 4
Employee

Hi Philippe,

a) C:\Program Files\Symanten\Backup Exec\Data\ . Are these the right files???

Shyam: Yes your right, these two are DB files files. 

b) I do is just backup the DLO DB?

Yes and also ensure that Recovery password set are same on both old backupexec server (which is crashed) and new BackupExec server (i.e replacing old server)

NeerThadarai
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

You can use the Backup Exec to backup the DLO database or you can simly backup the BE_DLO.bak file.