Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup over the internet

J_Huggins
Level 6
Partner

Hi all,

Good Day!

Just wanted to know of how to initiate backup over the internet.

Thanks and Best Regards!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

There is no separate user interface to trigger backup over the internet. Its the same UI which works for local backups as well.

The Web Console is only for restoring files, not for backup.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

You should simply set it up and then select the method of transport. You can throttle the bandwidth used during an offsite backup.

Have you checked up on this in the Admin Guide?

THanks!

Escape_be
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hello J.Higgins,

Sorry to say your question above is put rather general... What is it exactly yuo are looking for:

- how to setup?

- system requirements?

- internet connection requirements?

- what is your current infrastructure and where do you want to backup to?

We have experience in this topic and like to help where possible...

look forward to hear from you

Ben

VJware
Level 6

There is a new feature in the latest version of DLO - BOI (Backup Over Internet)

Read the Admin Guide on this, specifically the chapter - "Configuring DLO to Backup Files Over Internet"

VJware
Level 6

There is a new feature in the latest version of DLO - BOI (Backup Over Internet)

Read the Admin Guide on this, specifically the chapter - "Configuring DLO to Backup Files Over Internet". This involves configuring the EDGE Server & IO Server functionality in DLO.

NeerT
Level 4

I have attached the BOI document that can help you to setup and configure BOI if you want to use that feature with DLO 8.0 and above

J_Huggins
Level 6
Partner

Hi all,

Greetings!

Pardon for the very long reply. I was on a long vacation and unfortunately there is no internet connection in that island.

@CraigV: Yes, I've checked it up before, but I wanted to know if how to triggered a backup over the internet? I mean in traditinional way of backing up our data in DLO is in the Admin Console and the Desktop Agent User Interface. How about Backing up over the internet? There is a seperate interface? or what?

@ Escape.be: I am looking for is how to triggered a backup over the internet? My mindset is focus on the word "Backup over the Internet" so I am expecting to Backup my file over Internet and trigger that on Web? or another seperate interface? or what?

@VJware: I've already done configuring all about BOI. Where can i Triggered a backup to internet? There is a Console on the Internet which can I backup my files?

@NeerT: Thank you for that attachment. May be this is going to help.

Thank you all guys! Hope to find the answer soon. I'm sorry for me BOI is very confusing. I didnt know if there is another User Interface to trigger a backup over internet or its just only a title name "Backup over Internet" I've already tried the Restore over the Internet which can I contact the Edge Server then there has a Web Console where can I restore the my files.It its the same Console?

VJware
Level 6

There is no separate user interface to trigger backup over the internet. Its the same UI which works for local backups as well.

The Web Console is only for restoring files, not for backup.

J_Huggins
Level 6
Partner

Hi VJware,

Greetings!

This one is what I've been looking for. Super Thank you for your answer :) and also thank you to the others for the effort to answer my questions.

Best Regards and God Bless!