cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can dlo 7.6 run on a backup exec 2014 server?

brianofinch
Level 2

Hello,

Long time forum user and first time poster.....Could someone tell me if Desktop and laptop option  7.6 is okay to install on a backup exec 2014 server? Current server is a Windows 2008 R2 server with Backup Exec 2014 configured to run about 100+ jobs a night. We have a SQL Express database already installed on the Backup Exec 2014 server as well. Thanks in advance for your time all!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Though SDLO is no longer integrated with BE, it can still be installed on the same server as that of BE.

However, I would not recommend sharing the same SQL instance as you wouldn't want one app to get affected when you maybe trying to fix the second app by restarting the instance or by rebooting the server.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

AmolB

I couldn't find any official Technote but below few forum threads for BE2012 and DLO7

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/can-i-install-same-server-both-be-2012-and-dlo-70

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/backup-exec-dlo-70

VJware
Level 6

Though SDLO is no longer integrated with BE, it can still be installed on the same server as that of BE.

However, I would not recommend sharing the same SQL instance as you wouldn't want one app to get affected when you maybe trying to fix the second app by restarting the instance or by rebooting the server.

brianofinch
Level 2

Thank you for the responses. I will install on the Backup Exec server and get back to the thread with results in the next week after install. Thanks again

Ola_Olalegbin
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I need assistant as regards upgrading symantec dlo from version 7.5 to version 7.6. In the readme pdf that came along with the installation, i found a step by step procedure on how to do the upgrade, on using the command specified in the Readme pdf..........

I was told to put in this command into my command prompt.......

DLODBUpgradeU.exe -upgrade <mode> [SQL Server Name]
[DLODBInstance] [DedupeDBInstance]
<mode> = TIME or SPACE

I Tried put in the command but i could not get result............. 

Ola_Olalegbin
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I will appreciate if someone can help me with a step by step procedure....

VJware
Level 6

See if this helps - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH223552

And would you pls post the exact command which you used

Ola_Olalegbin
Level 4
Partner Accredited

You can find on the attachment the commands i used which was provided in the Readme pdf, i need an urgent reply please....

The right commands to use to that i can be able to upgrade the Version of the SDLO on my network because i have to implement that on a client site tomorrow.

VJware
Level 6

In your screenshot, you have not inserted the values of the parameters. For egs, try either one of the following commands depending upon the mode you choose. There is no need to use the [ ] brackets while using the actual command.

DLODBUpgradeU.exe -upgrade time Winsvr4 Winsvr4\dlo Winsvr4\dedupe

OR

DLODBUpgradeU.exe -upgrade space Winsvr4 Winsvr4\dlo Winsvr4\dedupe

If this doesn't help and you are in need of urgent assistance, i would recommend you to log a formal support case instead.

Ola_Olalegbin
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thank you VJware, the issue has being resolved....

I need an explanation to this statement in SDLO................

How long to retain backups of files that have been removed from backup selections...by default 30 days..Is it the retention period for the backup files or what?

VJware
Level 6

Lets say you were backing up a file named text.doc from C:\Documents. Days later, you removed this file from the backup selections and it is no longer being backed up.

However, this file is still present in the NUDF as it was backed up earlier & it would be retained in the NUDF storage for 30 days before being removed from here as well.

Ola_Olalegbin
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thanks a lot, but does SDLO has a retention period or the application just read and write to the NUDF storage?