cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change DLO Client from old Server to new Server - do NOT migrate data

Frank3480
Level 2

Using Symantec DLO 7.5

I would like to know the best process to move a DLO client from an old server to a new server.

I tried installing the client from the new server, but the workstation keeps using the old server.  

Is there a registry key I can update to move the client to the new server?

Or does this require a complete uninstall of the client, reboot, then install the client from the new server ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

There are 2 options. Either you manually configure the registry values on the new client OR push the client software from the new server.

Here are the registry keys which needs to be changed on the client (Assuming a x64 Win 7/8 machine)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Symantec\Symantec DLO\Client
Change the value of "DefaultMediaServer" key to new media server.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Symantec\Symantec DLO\DB
Change the value of "DBServer" key to new server hosting the SQL database. If SQL is on new media server, use that name in this key. Likewise, change the values of DBName, DBInstance keys if required, else not.

Delete ".settings" folder from path C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Symantec\DLO on the client machine. Re-launch the DLO Agent on the client machine so that it retrieves new settings from the new media server.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

There are 2 options. Either you manually configure the registry values on the new client OR push the client software from the new server.

Here are the registry keys which needs to be changed on the client (Assuming a x64 Win 7/8 machine)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Symantec\Symantec DLO\Client
Change the value of "DefaultMediaServer" key to new media server.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Symantec\Symantec DLO\DB
Change the value of "DBServer" key to new server hosting the SQL database. If SQL is on new media server, use that name in this key. Likewise, change the values of DBName, DBInstance keys if required, else not.

Delete ".settings" folder from path C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Symantec\DLO on the client machine. Re-launch the DLO Agent on the client machine so that it retrieves new settings from the new media server.

Frank3480
Level 2

VJware,

I tried the first option but the client continued using the old server.

I like option #2, thank you for that.

I ended up doing the long way, stop DLO Administrative service, uninstall the client, delete the Program Files\Symantec directory, Reboot, Install the new client from new server, Reboot.

I like your way better :)