cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO 7.5 Agent, Silent Install

smithj
Level 6

Hi

I have set up a silent install of the DLO 7.5 agent for deployment on users systems. I'm wondering when it is installing

the agent, can the pop ups showing the installation of Microsoft Visual C++ be hidden? I want it to be completely silent                                                 

8 REPLIES 8

smithj
Level 6

Hi Ambesh

Neither of these links works to deploy the agent. I currently have it working silently, I just want to deploy it without the Microsoft Visual C++ pop up.

We are using KACE to deploy the DLO agent and have the following information in the script:

[Startup]
cmdline =/qn DEFAULTMEDIASERVER="DLOSERVER" DLODBINSTANCENAME="DLO" DLODATABASENAME="DLO" DEFAULTDATABASESERVER="DLOSERVER" LAUNCHCLIENT="1" /l*v "%TEMP%\DLOAgentInstall.log" REBOOT=ReallySuppress
packagename = Symantec DLO Desktop Agent.msi
logresults = N
launchername = setup.exe

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Jimmy

Ambesh_444
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hello Jimmy,

Please check this link.

You may able to do this with command prompt.

DLO Agent Silent Install via Command Line

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH137695&profileURL=https%3A%2F%2Fs...

smithj
Level 6

Hi Ambesh

I tried this solution and it didn't deploy the agent, the msiexec process launched but the agent never installed

Thanks

Jimmy

Ambesh_444
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi,

What kind of error u got. Can you share the screen shot with us.

smithj
Level 6

Hi Amesh

I don't see any error, the agent just doesn't install. I am running this command from the system which I want the agent installed on.

Thanks

Jimmy

Ambesh_444
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi,

Restart the system and then try to install

smithj
Level 6

Hi Ambesh

I just tried this and it still didn't install. I will pm you the log file. If you could have a look at it and let me know what you think, I'd really appreciated it

Thanks

Jimmy