cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO 7.5 Lost Storage Location

Toni_Garcia_GLZ
Level 2

Hello,

At the company I work at we are running a small DLO installation to backup the laptops and desktop of the users.

Unfortunately during the last weeks someone has deleted one of the Storage Locations and we lost all the data associated to it (and no backup of it unfortunately).

We have tried to recreate the Storage location. As an empty volume.

And we expected the users/pcs of that volume to RECREATE the backup from 0. But the only things apearing are the folders for their users and their pcs, some meta data. But no encripted folder structure at all.

I tried completely deleting the users on the DLO console. When their agents reconnect to the DLO server they create the aproppiate folders but no real backup (I can see the last backup column for those users as being 00:00:00)

I dont know how to force the clients to do a FULL BACKUP AGAIN. My guess is that as DELTA incremental backup are enabled the client side thinks that nothing is really changed and no data has to be resent.

Any option to force the users that were on that Storage location to do a FULL backp from 0 again.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

As the storage has been recreated and so were the users readded, the first backup would be a full one.

Try creating a new backup policy which points to the new storage and assign it to your users. See if that helps. (This would also push down new settings to your clients causing a refresh)

EDIT** If the above does not help, try reinstalling the DLO agent on any one client machine and check if the backups are running or not.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

As the storage has been recreated and so were the users readded, the first backup would be a full one.

Try creating a new backup policy which points to the new storage and assign it to your users. See if that helps. (This would also push down new settings to your clients causing a refresh)

EDIT** If the above does not help, try reinstalling the DLO agent on any one client machine and check if the backups are running or not.

Toni_Garcia_GLZ
Level 2

Thanks a lot seems to be working. 

Specially since i just created a copy of the profile the users were at with a different name.

BRGDS