cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

DLO 7.5 Remove revisions outside new policy + Licensing Question

MaRuIT
Not applicable

I've changed a policy that adds a few more exclusions as well as removes local storage of revisions (Network only backups).

I'd expect to see that the local storage drop down to near zero use as well as the network storage dropping significantly as well.

Test device shows:
13.24GB - Netowrk
9.27GB - Local
(Excluded video file types, files over 500mb, and removed the "My Videos" folder. Which for my test user should be roughly 7GB total)

After reading I have noticed that the maintenance only happens ever 24hrs, but cannot find a way to manually kick-off a 'grooming' so that I can verify that my new policies are working as expected. I'd hate to wait 24hrs each time I make a change to the system to see if it has any affect. I've set to remove deleted items after '1 days' however source files are/will not be deleted.

Also, how do I see how many licenses I have and how many are available? I know what I've ordered and can do the math, but if another technician comes along they wouldn't be able to know for sure without doing a lot of investigative work.

This is my first Symantec product/installation.
Server 2008R2
DLO 7.5Sp1 (75823a)
1.2TB storage pool

Windows7 x64 Pro (Two laptop test clients)
DLO 7.5Sp1 (75823a)

0 REPLIES 0