cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO 7.5 SP1 Backup

shamee
Level 5

Hi,

Can someone please provide me the file details of DLO? I meant, DUDF, NUDF, DEDPU etc etc. I want to know the file strcuture that DLO create when backup is working.

Regards,

8 REPLIES 8

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

NUDF:
Top level contains a list of folders with each folder named after a client user.
Within an user folder, contains a folder named .dlo
Within .dlo, there are sub-folders such as .notify, folder named after the client machine and a recovery file
Within the client machine folder, there are multiple folders depending upon the client's backup selections, a .logs folder and a .sanity file.

DeDupe:
Top level contains a list of folders with each folder named after a client user.
Within an user folder, contains folders named after the client machine.
Within the client machine folder, there is a folder named 1, UserDB file, Hash DB and Engine file.

DUDF:
Top level contains a folder named .dlo
Within .dlo, there are many sub-folders such as .conflicts, .lm, .logs, .psts & DeDupeStore
Within .lm , there are multiple folders depending upon the client's backup selections

shamee
Level 5

Thanks. Also can i set revison "0" for both DUDF and NUDF? I am using VSS and Dedupe etc. I want only one copy of backup.

Regards,

VJware
Level 6

You'll have to set at least 1 revision to use many features such as VSS backups of .psts etc.

shamee
Level 5

what are those features?

VJware
Level 6

I have edited the above comment since I am aware of only 1 feature.

EDITED

You'll have to set at least 1 revision for backups of .psts.

Secondly, revision control can be customized for each backup selection. Highlight each backup selection in the Profile, choose edit and then click on the revision control tab. Set at 1 for .pst backups and for others you can set 0.

shamee
Level 5

any issue if I give "0" for NUDF?

VJware
Level 6

If you set 0 revisions for NUDF, then no revisions will be stored for the particular backup selection. If 0 revision is set for .pst backup selections, then .pst backups will not run accordingly.

amit_klaynia1
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi VJware,

Good Afternoon!!!

We have 4 GB pst file and in my local c drive free space is 2 GB. We want to move enduser backup (pst) directly to NUDF folder with deduplication. Is that possible or not please let me know.

Regards

Amit Klaynia