cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO 7.5 SP1

Avo_Carbon_Indi
Level 3

Hi, i am using DLO 7.5 SP1 in my windows 2008 R2 ENT server,i can`t able to add my Windows 8.1 pc to mY DLO Server.Please assist me to resolve this issue.

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Avo,

I'll go the extra mile for you here...Windows 8.1 is listed on the Compatibility Matrix for both x32/x64. From this regard you're OK.

What sort of error are you getting?

Thanks!

Verrittas
Level 3
Accredited Certified

Hi Avo,

A specific error and more information would help answer this question, provide the following info

• Is this new setup of DLO or existing setup?
  • If this is existing setup, does this issue started after you upgraded to DLO 7.5?
  • Is this user specific or happen with all the users? 
  • If specific to a user, check if other users of same profile having same error?
  • Exact error or behaviour on the DLO client side (Win 8 machine(s))?

meanwhile you can also check the following steps:

If new setup:

• If configured to use Automated User Assignments (AUA), ensure users are associated with group in AUA.
  • If not, add the users manually in DLO console on the server side.
  • Ensure you have installed/updated DLO clients on the workstations (Laptops and Desktops) and ensure you have created a DLO profile and the DLO users are part of the DLO profile.
  • On Windows 8 machine, check if User Access Control is enabled or not, try to disable for a single user and see if that helps.
  • NUDF i.e. storage location on DLO server is created.

Avo_Carbon_Indi
Level 3

Hi

While trying to install DLO Agent to client pc(Windows 8.1) it`s showing following error.

Note:

*The pc in Domain only

*Firewall is in off

*WMI Service is running

*DLO7.5 SP-1 installed on new server

*Agent Installed on both XP&Windows 7 pc

*Users is part of the DLO profile

Avo_Carbon_Indi
Level 3

Hi Caraig,

I logged a complient with Symantec,the technical peopel said there is no support for windows 8.1,and also i  searched Compatability regard in this ther is no support for windows 8.1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Avo,

I'm busy checking this document: Symantec Desktop and Laptop Option 7.5 SP1 Compatibility List. Page 6 is the DLO Desktop Agent, which lists the Desktop Agent Matrix. It clearly shows BOTH x86/x64 versions of Windows 8.1 are shown as being supported. Both for DLO 7.5 SP1 32-bit and 64-bit.

Not sure why they said otherwise...so this has to be something else.

Thanks!

Verrittas
Level 3
Accredited Certified
Hi Avo, Is the OS Windows RT 8.1? If so, it is not supported. If it is not RT, provide the following info: DLOAgentInstall.log: Collect these logs from %temp% path. This path will resolve to Logon user’s temp path Example: “D:\Documents and Settings\M1007074\Local Settings\Temp” DLOinst.log: Available in Windows folder (Example: C:\Windows, always check if this log file is available. This is required for Dev team to analyze the issues.) DLORemInstDlgs.log, dloconsoleu.log: from DLO install path\logs folder (Example: “C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec DLO\Logs”) Apart from this there should be proper connectivity between Server and Client machine, they should be able to ping each other. Also check for any event on the Win 8 machine event logs. Provide the exact error if there is any in application or system logs.